Monday 30 June 2008

Julio Iglesias - Iglesias Heart Problems Halt Russian Concert


Spanish singer JULIO IGLESIAS cancelled a concert in Russia on Wednesday night (25Jun08), after reportedly experiencing heart problems onstage.

The 64-year-old star was performing in Yekaterinburg, when he addressed the audience after completing just two songs.

He said, "I don't feel good, I don't look good and I'm having some problems with my voice. This is the first time I have to stop my own concert. I will try to perform for you tomorrow. I love you very much."

According to Russian website Ural Business Consulting, fans in the first few rows have reported noticing Iglesias seemed ill when he first took the stage at 7pm.

Tickets to the show cost concert-goers between $80 (GBP40) and $600 (GBP300).

Concert coordinators have suggested fans return their tickets, though many have vowed to hold on to their stubs until Iglesias makes his promised return to the stage.

He is rumoured to be scheduling his reprisal as early as Friday (27Jun08).

Iglesias welcomed his fifth child with wife Miranda Rijnsburger just two weeks prior to the European leg of his 2007 tour on 5 May (08).





See Also